ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle Module
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Strategy Lifecycle Module is a free-standing qualification, but also one of the modules that lead to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and strategy as documented in the ITIL Service Strategy Book.
PrerequisitesCandidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold either the ITIL Foundation or the ITIL Foundation Bridge certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Target GroupThe target group of the ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle Module is:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Strategy phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Strategy environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification contributes 3 credits.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will have a greater understanding of the content of the ITIL Service Strategy book.
Learning ObjectivesCandidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
Service Strategy Principles
Defining services and market spaces
Conducting Strategic Assessments
Service Portfolio Management
Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
Understanding Critical Success Factors and risks
Eligibility for ExaminationTo be eligible for the ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle Exam, candidates shall fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours of instruction with an accredited provider of training or e-learning provider based on this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Before taking the course it is recommended though not required that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of around two years. It is also recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study in preparation for the examination.
Examination Format- 8 Multiple choice, scenario based questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Maximum of 90 minutes for all candidates
- This is a closed book examination with the pass mark being 28/40 or 70%
ITIL Service ManagementITILITIL Service StrategyITIL Lifecycle Module