The ITIL Service Operation Lifecycle Module
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation Module is a free-standing qualification, but also one of five service-lifecycle modules that can lead to the Managing through the Lifecycle module and the award of the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this module/certificate is to impart and test detailed knowledge about the contents of the ITIL Service Operation Book; Service Operation purpose, processes, functions and activities.
PrerequisitesCandidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Target GroupThe target group of the ITIL Service Operation Module is:
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Operation phase of the ITIL core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
- IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Operation environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification contributes 3 credits.
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
This may include but is not limited to, CIOs, Senior IT Managers, IT Managers and Supervisors, IT professionals and IT Operation practitioners.
Learning ObjectivesCandidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Leading discussions on Service Operations
- Service Operation Principles
- Service Operation Processes
o Event Management
o Incident Management
o Request Fulfilment
o Access Management
o Problem Management
- Common Service Operation Activities
- Organising Service Operations
- Service Operation Functions
o Service Desk
o Technical Management
o Application Management
o IT Operations Management
- Service Operation technology related activities
- Implementing Service Operations
- Understanding and analysing Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
Examination Format- 8 Multiple choice, scenario based questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Maximum of 90 minutes for all candidates
- This is a closed book examination with the pass mark being 28/40 or 70%
ITIL Service ManagementITILITIL IntermediateITIL Service Operation Lifecycle